Saturday 24 March 2012

A SWOT Analysis

The above mind map is a SWOT Analysis map that I downloaded freely from Bigger Plate.  The Bigger Plate site is a fantastic resource that allows fellow mind map enthusiasts to upload and share their maps.  This particular map was created using iMindMap software from ThinkBuzan.  I used iThoughts from my iPad 2 which then launched Bigger Plate from Safari and then I was able to download the SWOT map into the iThoughts app.  I then adapted the map to suit my needs.
The SWOT analysis has come about due to the fact that I teach and run a Salsa Club here at the University of Canberra.  The club is part of the UC Clubs & Societies and as a result, several requirements must be met before funding can be acquired hence the SWOT analysis is one such requirement.
There are several SWOT analysis maps on Bigger Plate but this one seemed to suit my needs.  As you can see, each main branch includes the familiar Strengths, Opportunities, Weaknesses and Threats which you then progressively drill down as per the requirements of your organisation.
I won’t explain the rest of the branches as they are pretty self-explanatory but the key idea with the SWOT mind map is clarity and purpose of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment